Hello, Reshma Beauties! Today we'll be talking about an issue that everyone eventually confronts: wrinkles.
For far too long, 'wrinkles' has been the most dreaded word in the industries of beauty and anti-aging. Celebrities spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on fillers, injections, cosmetic surgeries and other invasive procedures to look young. It's not only ridiculous, but it's totally unnecessary! Instead of going right to the needle as a so-called solution, we're strong proponents of the idea that Mother Nature already has the raw ingredients needed to reverse signs of aging — and for good reason, too. In this blog, Reshma Beauty® shares its inside tips and beauty hacks for how to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles — and how you can achieve these results without spending tons of your hard-earned money on services that may or may not get you results.
Want even more beauty tips and anti-aging hacks? Be sure to check out the full video that goes with this blog.
What causes wrinkles?
Before getting into our anti-aging tips (no tricks!), it's important to understand what causes wrinkles in the first place. Fine lines and wrinkles are caused when the top layer of your skin thins out and loses its moisture and elasticity. This happens gradually and naturally as you age because skin starts to lose its original levels of elastin and collagen. When these proteins are present in "youthful" levels in your skin, it looks fuller and generally stays better hydrated. As we age, our bodies lose elastin and collage, which eventually causes sagging skin. Sun exposure is another factor that can add to the appearance of aging skin. Other personal and environmental factors may cause wrinkles to become more or less visible, including pollution, heredity, diet, smoking, autoimmune disorders, excessive use of cosmetics, and many more.
Unfortunately, everyone is bound to experience fine lines and wrinkles sooner or later. Although these changes in appearance are universal and natural, that doesn't mean they do much in the way of making us feel ultra-confident or jazzed about the way that we look.
LUCKILY FOR YOU, there are plenty of natural ingredients, products, and methods that may be used to minimize or reverse signs of skin aging. Here is Reshma's tried and true, three-step formula to keep wrinkles at bay!
Step 1: Massage
When the muscles on your face tense up, they are more likely to harbor wrinkles the longer they stay in this "contracted" state. Much like athletes warm up before exercising to prevent injuries, the muscles of your face and body need to be massaged out regularly. This stimulation helps to prevent worsening of permanent folds, creases, and lines in the skin.
How long should I massage my skin? It depends!
or those with oily and acne-prone skin, it’s best to keep facial massages to under 10 minutes. If your skin has a normal to dry complexion, a maximum of 20 minutes is generally all that is necessary. I recommend using 2-3 drops of Reshma Beauty® Henna Infused Hair Oils for each anti-wrinkle 'stimulation' session.
How to massage your skin for an instant "facelift":
- Using your fingers and a delicate touch, massage your face in a slow series 0f upward circular motions.
- Every now and again, gently tap the skin to help increase the blood and oxygen flow to the areas of your face.
- Also, don't forget about the neck and décolletage area! Massaging helps here too.
- Voila! You've just completed your natural facelift and successfully boosted collagen production — all in less than half an hour.
Step 2: Mask
After getting familiar with the previous step for natural wrinkle reduction, I encourage using the Reshma Beauty® UBTAN 'Turmeric' Face Mask to further enhance and support long-term anti-aging results. Our turmeric face mask is infused with a natural trifecta of beauty boosters: gram flour, barley and sandalwood. These plant-derived ingredients are known for their gentle exfoliating properties that help to get rid of dirt, pollutants and other residues that can clog our pores. Apply your chosen face mask after massaging, and do so immediately if possible! This step works even better after stimulating your skin with fresh oxygen.
Reshma's Anti-Aging Face Mask Method:
- Start with Reshma Beauty® UBTAN 'Turmeric' Face Mask or your favorite alternative skincare product.
- If you use one of our natural face masks, take 1 tablespoon of the Ubtan powder and mix it with 1 teaspoon of either yoghurt, milk, or a dairy-free equivalent.
- Next, gently rub the blended ingredients onto your skin. If you're using a different face mask, please follow the directions provided with the product.
- Let the face mask rest for the appropriate amount of time — usually, this is 10 to 15 minutes — or until it is dry to the touch.
- Rinse off mask, then wash away any debris with a facial cleanser, using cool to warm water. I recommend using a mild cleanser such as Reshma Beauty® Cucumber and Aloe Vera Face Wash.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft face cloth, then move on to Step 3 to finalize your anti-aging results — and to see the gorgeous, revitalized results!
Step 3: Tone
Last but not least, reset and balance your rejuvenated complexion by spraying Reshma Beauty® Rosewater Toner to balance the pH levels of your skin and to reduce the chance of wrinkle reemergence. Just a few spritzes of our flower power toner should do the trick!
This final step, toning the skin, is always my favorite. Our Rosewater treatment is so refreshing and soothing, especially because it's supplemented with ingredients such as Cucumber and Aloe Vera. This third step is absolutely essential for reducing wrinkles and reviving dull, lifeless skin.
To find out more about our natural beauty and anti-aging solutions, explore our full collection of natural skincare products. You can order your favorites at anytime, in-store or online, from the Reshma Beauty® shop.